Although making a Will is the best way to ensure that your money, property and personal belongings are distributed as you wish after your death but there are some things which may not go to plan. Disputes over the validity of Wills can sometimes occur and can be stressful and upsetting because they involve usually members of the same family.
We offer a Contentious Probate service and we are experienced in a wide range of sensitive cases involving Will disputes and Probate and Inheritance disputes. We advise clients on disputes where Wills are not properly prepared or administered or where those who should receive sufficient financial provision do not. We also remember that contested Probate cases are sensitive particularly when family members are in dispute.
We can advise in plain English about the cost and the alternatives to litigation such as mediation/ADR which may enable disputes to be settled more cost effectively.
We act on behalf of Executors, administrators, beneficiaries and dependants and deal with all aspects of Contentious Probate matters.
Our services include the following areas:
- Challenges to the validity of Will;
- Claims about the negligent drafting of Wills;
- Claims for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- Challenges to the appointment of Executors;
- Obtaining information and accounts from Executors and Administrators;
- Disputes over the way in which the Will and estate is being administered;
- Proprietory and Promissory Estoppel issues;
- Disputes between Executors/Personal Representatives and Beneficiaries;
- Removal of Executors.
We pride ourselves on being one of the oldest and most established law firms in West Wales and our advice and approach enables us to provide effective resolutions to the satisfaction of our clients.
To discuss matters further as to how we can help you please contact Sean Dyer or Lucy Higgon.