Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are a first-time buyer or an investor, we are here to take the stress out of buying residential property.
We will guide you through each step of your transaction and offer a service that fits your exact requirements. Where necessary we can put you in touch with other professionals such as surveyors, i.f.a.s and property valuers.
At a time when money really matters
, we will always provide a quality service at a fair price. We will keep you up-to-date with all relevant information so you can make informed decisions and have complete confidence that every detail has been taken care of.
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in buying your property. Our approach is simple; we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by removing confusion and uncertainty, dealing with all the legal details of the transaction on your behalf.
Our experienced team have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve issues that may arise in a professional and efficient manner. We understand that communication is key so we will make sure we are always available to answer your questions in plain English and ensure you are kept up-to-date with everything you need to know.
We aim to ensure that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process so that we can provide reassurance and allay any concerns that you may have. This may be the biggest investment of your life and we want not only to provide that first-class service, but also value for money and no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold Lexcel and CQS accreditations issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering clients’ feedback so we can make sure we always offer good value for money.
We work typically on a fixed fee basis, ensuring that you know what the fees will be for your transaction from the outset. If during the transaction there is a new development we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Freehold Residential Purchase Fees
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the purchase of your new property, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Land Transaction Tax if the property you wish to buy is in Wales or Stamp Duty Land Tax if the property is in England.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
These fees may be subject to change, for example if the search provider increases their standard fees, or we identify that an additional search is required, such as a Coal Authority Search.
Stamp Duty Land Tax/Land Transaction Tax
The amount of tax payable will be dependent upon the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using the Welsh Revenue Authority's website here if the property is located in Wales or the HMRC's website if the property is located in England.
We do not provide tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If we discover building regulations or planning permission has not been obtained
- If important documents we have requested from you have not been provided to us
- If the property is a new build
- If you require exchange of contracts within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and various factors such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether you have a mortgage in place
- Whether you are buying a new build property
A typical transaction will take between 8-12 weeks. However, if any of the above apply, or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the length of the transaction by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. Typically these would include the following:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Checking finances are in place to fund the purchase and contacting the lender’s solicitors if needed
- Receiving and advising on contract documents
- Undertaking searches
- Obtaining further planning documentation if required
- Raising any necessary enquiries of the seller’s solicitor
- Providing advice on all documents and information received
- Advising you of the mortgage offer conditions
- Finalising contracts and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date on which you will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notifying you that this has happened
- Ensuring all monies have been received from you and the lender(s) in time for completion
- Completing the purchase
- Dealing with payment of Land Transaction Tax/Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Completing and submitting the application for registration at the Land Registry