Thank you for looking at our property services. Making the decision to re-mortgage your home can be just as life changing as buying your first property.
A re-mortgage is when you either renegotiate with your current lender or take out a new mortgage on your property with a different lender. It is important to speak to a mortgage adviser who can go through the options with you to try to ensure you get the right deal for you.
There are many reasons you may wish to re-mortgage your property such as:
- To reduce the interest rate payable on your mortgage
- To fix your monthly payments and protect against possible future rate rises
- To raise money to carry out home improvements
- To raise a cash lump sum by releasing equity from your home
- A change in personal circumstances such as following a marriage or divorce
- To consolidate your debts
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in re-mortgaging your property, and who know how banks, building societies and other mortgage lenders work. Our approach is a simple, we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking the stress from you and dealing with matters on your behalf.
Our experienced team have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve issues that may arise in a professional and efficient manner. We understand that communication is key so we will make sure we are always available to answer your questions in plain English and ensure you are kept up-to-date with everything you need to know.
We aim to ensure that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process so that we can provide reassurance and allay any concerns that you may have. We want not only to provide that first-class service, but also value for money and no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold Lexcel and CQS accreditations issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
We work typically on a fixed fee basis, so you know what the fees will be for your re-mortgage from the outset.
If during the transaction there are any new development which could lead to an additional cost, we will discuss the change in fees with you at the earliest opportunity and agree a way forward.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
These fees may be subject to change, for example if the search provider increases their standard fees, or we identify that an additional search is required, such as a Coal Authority Search.
We do not undertake mortgage or tax advice and we would recommend you seek advice from a qualified independent mortgage broker or financial adviser.
We will not carry out any valuations of your home. This will be dealt with by your new lender.
A typical re-mortgage takes between 6 and 8 weeks from receipt of the mortgage offer, however it can be longer if there are any complications.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. Typically these would include the following:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Obtaining HM Land Registry Official Copy title document or title deeds ( if the property is unregistered)
- Checking the HM Land Registry Official Copies/ title deeds
- Undertaking searches if required by the new lender
- Checking the mortgage offer
- Preparing for completion
- Requesting final redemption statement
- Requesting the mortgage advance