Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are selling your own home or an investment property we are here to take the stress out of selling your property. We will guide you through each step of the transaction and offer a service tailored to your personal requirements.
When selling a property there are important decisions you need to make and we will help you ensure that you meet all your legal obligations. There are lots of boxes to tick and we want to assist you in selling your property quickly and efficiently.
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in selling property. Our approach is a simple; we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking care of the important legal details and removing confusion and uncertainty from the process.
Whether you are selling your property through an estate agent or privately we will make everything as clear as possible. Our experienced team have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve issues that may arise in a professional and efficient manner. We understand that communication is key so we will make sure we are always available to answer your questions in plain English and ensure you are kept up-to-date with everything you need to know.
We aim to ensure that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process so that we can provide reassurance and allay any concerns that you may have. We know that your property may be your biggest investment and we want not only to provide that first-class service to protect that investment, but also value for money and no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold Lexcel and CQS accreditations issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback so we can make sure we always offer good value for money.
We work typically on a fixed fee basis, ensuring that you know what the fees will be for your transaction from the outset. If during the transaction there is a new development we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Residential Sale Fees
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your current property.
See pricing calcualtor
Land Registry Official Copies
Electronic money transfer fee
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If important documents, we have requested from you have not been provided to us
- If you require exchange of contracts within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when you accept an offer for the property and other factors, such as:
- The number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether the buyer’s survey reveals any issues
- The number and complexity of enquiries raised by the buyer or their solicitor
A typical transaction will take between 8-12 weeks. However if issues arise or there are other factors we need to take into consideration it may increase the time frame and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. Typically these would include the following:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advised based on the information you have provided
- Drafting the contract for sale and any other necessary documents
- Sending the contact documentation to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquiries they may raise
- Providing advice on all documents and information received
- Finalising the contract and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date by which you must give vacant possession of the property and the date from which the buyer will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts
- Obtaining a redemption statement from a mortgagee (if applicable)
- Completing the purchase and dealing with the redemption of any charge secured against the property